Chief Executive Officer, Sumo Salad
Luke Baylis, SumoSalad CEO is revolutionising the fast food landscape, one food court at a time.
Luke and SumoSalad co-founder, James Miller, conceived of a fast food outlet that sold made-to-order salads that were nutritious, delicious, fast to prepare and offered value-for-money.
The first SumoSalad store opened in 2003 on Liverpool Street in Sydney’s CBD and was an instant hit. Customers were queuing out the door. This demand for fresh, healthy fast food saw SumoSalad undergo rapid expansion and stores can now be found in over 80 locations around Australia and in New Zealand, London, Dubai and Singapore.
Luke’s efforts with SumoSalad salad have picked up many awards since launch including:
- National Retail Association Reward for Excellence – Winner 2004 - Best New Retail Business /Less than 10 outlets
- National Retail Association Reward for Excellence – Winner 2005 - Best and Fairest Award for all round retail
- BRW Hot Franchises - Number 1 fastest growing franchise 2006
- BRW Fast Franchises - Number one fastest food retailer, second fastest franchise by outlet numbers and third
- fastest franchise by revenue 2008
- Slimming & Health, Healthy Eating Awards - Highly commended in Healthy fast food range 2009